The booming On-Demand Food Delivery App Development economy has shaken up every sector in recent years, and the food industry is no exception. In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, on-demand food delivery mobile apps are experiencing a massive increase in daily downloads and have become a global trend.
Why On-Demand Food Delivery App Development is Important?
Today, as the world becomes more mobile-dependent, the demand for on-demand delivery apps has skyrocketed. In today’s world, when people are afraid to leave their homes, they prefer to have their needs met at their door.
The new market demands and the power of online food delivery apps have not left the online food delivery market unaffected. With the increasing use of food apps, the next five years are expected to be filled with more global consolidation.
Online Ordering and Delivery Statistics
- 60% of U.S. consumers order delivery or takeout at least once a week.
- Since 2014, digital ordering and delivery have increased by 300 percent when compared to dine-in traffic.
- From 2018 to 2020, the on-demand food delivery industry grew at an unprecedented rate, with a CAGR of more than 14 percent.
- On-demand delivery apps Instarcart, Walmart Grocery, Shipt, and Target recently saw a 218 percent, 160 percent, 124 percent, and 98 percent increase in daily downloads, respectively.
- According to Statista, the global revenue of the eServices Online Food Delivery segment Platform-to-Consumer Delivery in 2024 will be around 96,864.4 million USD.
Features of Food Delivery Application Development
Any development is only successful if the components that comprise it are in proper working order and function as a unit. The following are the components and features of an on-demand food delivery app are :
- Customer Side
- Restaurant Side
- Delivery Side
- Admin Side
Working with the components in the correct order is critical for the company to become profitable, you must Hire mobile app developers to help you to implement stunning features, such as –
Food Delivery Mobile App – User Panel or Customer Panel
- Sign up/Sign in Step: In general, the customer must register on the app and sign in using their username and password.
- Address or Location: Customers can choose between an auto-deducted live location and a manual address.
- Customer Dashboard: Users can view different restaurants. Customers can also filter restaurants based on their preferences.
- Order Food: Choose a menu, add it to your cart, and proceed to the checkout page to place your order.
- Cart option: Users, on the other hand, can take advantage of promo codes and special offers during the checkout process.
- Payment Options: Users have the option of paying cash on delivery or online using debit and credit cards or any UPI app.
- Order Tracking: Users can track the status of orders, such as how long it will take a restaurant to process food. Customers can later track the delivery executive’s current location.
- Call/Chat Option: Customers have the option to call or chat if they have a special comment.
- Delivery Rating or Review: Following a successful food delivery, users have the option to add comments on overall delivery ratings.
- Food Delivery Mobile App Wallet: Users can also add money to the wallet to make the checkout process easier, faster, and simpler.
- Coupons and Offers: Users can apply applicable promo codes and offers to their order
- Order History: Users can check all previous or current food delivery history with each item in the last tab history.
Food Delivery Mobile App – Restaurant Panel
- Restaurant Registration: Fill out a restaurant profile with accurate information.
- Dashboard: Restaurant owners can view all types of order history, such as pending orders, future orders, orders placed, and orders canceled.
- Menu management: this entails keeping track of all food items in the menu bar for each defined category.
- Management of Food Orders: Restaurant managers can view upcoming orders and update the status of each order.
- Order Cancellation: If an item is unavailable, the restaurant owner may cancel the order.
- Chat/Call: Restaurants can receive special requests or comments from customers via chat and call.
- Order Data History: Keep track of all previous orders and their history
Food Delivery Mobile App – Admin Panel
- Admin Dashboard: View various types of order information for a specific restaurant.
- Analytics Data: Using third-party platforms, analyze customer growth in a specific area.
- Payment Management: Oversee the restaurant’s entire payment process.
- Transaction History or Order ID: For each order, view the transaction history, payment process, and order id.
- Menu Management: This feature also manages all menu items by adding or removing various types of dishes.
- Editing: Create, add, or edit a restaurant profile, including name, phone number, and other information.
- Management of food orders: View the history of future orders and use it to update their status.
- Order Cancellation: Manage canceled orders from the restaurant manager.
- Chat/Call: Receive orders-related questions from users.
- Order History: View previous orders, including the date, time, and order summary.
- Push Notifications: Send push notifications with offers and news to users, restaurant administrators, and delivery executives
- Offers / Promo Codes / Coupons: provides several types of offers and coupons to customers at the time of order.
Food Delivery Mobile App – Driver Panel
- Sign up/Login: Delivery executives can register by providing an email address and a phone number.
- Dashboard for Drivers: View the order summary and graphs as they are accepted, delivered, or canceledFYI
- Active Status: If the delivery executive selects “ON,” an order request will be placed that can be accepted or rejected by the driver. The order will not be received if the active status is “OFF.”
- Google Maps navigation: Using Google Maps navigation, you can learn about the locations of restaurants and customers.
- Customers contact: Food Delivery executives via phone or chat if they have questions or need information about their order
- View the history: of previous orders delivered at a specific time in the Order Summary.
Advance Features for a On-demand Food Delivery App Development?
To take the benefits of such features in cross-platform app development, get yourself a Top Flutter App Development Company in the USA.
Users can use this feature to track the real-time location of the delivery person as well as the location of the restaurants
Users can view a list of the most popular or nearby restaurants. Users can read through the restaurant reviews and select the one with the most positive reviews to place their order.
This option allows the user to enter their address or the app to determine their current location using a GPS tracking system. Multiple addresses can be saved on a user’s profile.
This is the most important feature of an on-demand food delivery app development, as it allows the user to choose from a variety of payment methods such as debit/credit cards, cash on delivery, and eWallets to make a secure payment.
Users can filter their search criteria based on factors such as location, review, price, and rating, as well as food type, to make the ordering process more convenient.
Customers sometimes want to order a variety of dishes that aren’t available in the same restaurant. This option allows users to add or remove items from their food cart before submitting their final order and payment.
This feature allows customers to schedule the delivery of their food order to avoid issues such as late delivery and unavailability.
The only thing that remains constant is change! It is reasonable to expect changes in the world of technology and the food market. The food market is expected to mature with an overall growth rate of close to 3.5 percent in the coming year, according to current market trends. This is how the online food delivery market will continue to grow exponentially in the future. As a result, developing a solid app will aid in the long-term viability of your food business.
Looking for a On-Demand Food Delivery App Development Company?
Our ThinkStart pvt Ltd team of developers works with the goal of providing the best on-demand food delivery app development services to businesses of all sizes as part of our initiative to help startups set up their online food delivery business. If you’re interested in learning more about the process of developing a food delivery app, our experts can help.
Feel free to contact us anytime- [email protected].