Increasing online sales is a fundamental goal for a significant number of businesses, both large and small. Increasing sales through online channels is a lot like bowling a strike — it appears a lot easier than it is, whether you manage a mom-and-pop retail shop or work for a massive eCommerce behemoth like Amazon.
We all have different goals as eCommerce business owners, but when it comes to online store performance, everyone seems to be on the same page. That’s because an eCommerce site’s longevity is determined by how well it performs rather than what it delivers. Even the most well-designed website with the most in-demand products will be ineffective if it is unable to attract qualified visitors.
How can you Improve your Online Store Performance?
If you are wondering how you can improve or boost your online store presence – here are the top 10 strategies to follow – take a look.
1. Know your Target Audience
You must first identify your ideal customers to approach them. One of the first steps in building your brand’s marketing strategy should be to create a target audience. It’s never too late to form a team and get to work if you don’t already have one.
At the very least, a good buyer persona should have the following facts.
- Who is your target market? The customer’s overall demographic profile, work, family circumstances, and identifiers (personality, a preferred method of contact, etc.) are all necessary pieces of information.
- What captivates their interest? What factors influence their decision to purchase your goods and services?
- What method will you use to contact them? What are the most effective marketing and sales messages, as well as the greatest channels for approaching them?
2. Create a Beautiful Online Store
The first thing you should do to boost the performance of your Online Store Performance is to assess whether your store is appealing.
Customers will just click away if the design of an online store is unattractive. You should be aware that a user’s purchasing choice is usually made within 3 seconds of landing on your website, so make a good first impression. Customers who do not like it will not buy anything and will not return it.
3. Include Relevant High-Impact Keywords
To improve the performance of your online store, you must add high-impact and relevant keywords to your website content. Every page’s title, headings, body, and product, as well as the meta description, should include keywords.
Relevant keywords and Digital Marketing will ensure that your site receives qualified targeted clients, whereas high impression keywords will boost your chances of attracting the largest possible amount of web users. Using Google’s Keyword Planner tool, you may acquire precise information on high-impression and relevant keywords.
please note that cramming keywords into your site’s content can get you penalized by Google. To be safe, strive to keep keyword density on a single page to less than 1%.
4. Add Social Media Activities
One of the avenues that allow you to promote your business for free is social media. Of course, if you want to post adverts across networks, you’ll have to pay, but just being present is free.
Providing fantastic material is the key to social media success. You must be intriguing and unique for others to want to follow you. If you succeed, you will have fantastic Social Media Marketing Services, at no cost to you. So, what should you do to use social media to attract customers?
- Post frequently – at least once a day – so that customers don’t forget about you (but not at all costs – posting just because you should (backfire!)
- engage your customers: Interrogate them, respond to their comments, and try to pique their interest.
- Choose the finest channels for your business, but keep in mind that Facebook and Pinterest are the most popular online shopping destinations (FB: 55 percent; Pinterest: 25 percent )
- Use graphics – postings with photos receive 50% more attention than those without.
5. Optimize Page Load Time
The time it takes for a website to display its content on the screen is referred to as page load time. A quicker loading time will result in a more enjoyable user experience. Your online store will benefit in two ways as a result of this:
- It will reduce the bounce rate, which refers to individuals who leave a website because it takes too long to load.
- It will boost your search engine ranks because Google prioritizes sites with faster page load times in their search results.
As a result of the increased online traffic and conversion rates, the online store’s performance will improve.
6. Get a Strong Online Presence by SEO
Getting your online store to rank higher in Google search results takes time. As a result, having precise titles, suitable meta tags, and relevant keywords becomes a requirement. You lose essential access to qualified and interested eCommerce buyers if your website does not appear in the SERPs. Your products may have a presence on the internet, but are they easy to find?
This is where eCommerce SEO enters the picture. It allows you to contact your target audience without having to pay for advertisements. Once you’ve attracted visitors to your site, you can wow them with high-quality products, engaging text, and compelling calls to action. Hire SEO Consultant, to get the best SEO service.
- Currently, Google controls 86.86 percent of the search engine market (Statista)
- The top Google result receives around 32% of all clicks (Backlinko)
- Organic search offers the best ROI of any marketing strategy, according to 49% of marketers (Search Engine Journal)
- The average number of words in organic search results on Google’s first page is 1,447. (Backlinko)
- Consumers in the United States claim they use a search engine to investigate products before deciding whether or not to buy them (Google)
- An SEO professional’s average annual compensation is roughly $60.5k (Backlinko)
7. Prepare a Variety of Marketing Strategies.
You may fall into a trap if you rely solely on Paid ads as a marketing technique. There’s a danger that using only one method won’t work, or that you’ll miss out on a significant potential consumer base and conversions.
As a result, it’s a good idea to mix up your marketing tactics, such as PPC, sponsored ads combined with organic search optimization, social media marketing, email campaigns, and so on. Get in touch with an Online E-commerce App Development Company, to get your hands on more marketing strategies.
8. Invest in Email Marketing
Finally, but certainly not least, email marketing. It is a cost-effective and efficient method of attracting customers. According to an Epsilon “Branding Survey,” 54 percent of individuals had a more positive impression toward organizations that send them emails. Furthermore, 71% of respondents claimed that they always remember emails that a firm sends to them when buying. These findings support the value of e-mail marketing.
The following are some of the most popular ideas in email marketing:
- Emails for announcing new products.
- Send out emails announcing specials and promotions.
- Follow-up emails with similar or recommended products to entice customers to make another purchase.
- Send out emails with discount coupons to customers who haven’t visited your online store in a while to entice them back.
- Email some product-related recommendations or stylizations – this will excite consumers and encourage them to visit your store.
9. Keep Navigation Simple.
It is critical to have an easy-to-navigate website to get a high conversion rate. This becomes a significant component in the number of click-throughs required for a customer to purchase on your website.
The longer the procedure takes, the more likely visitors will abandon it without checking out or opting in to receive communications from you. Because the majority of people nowadays access the internet via mobile, it has become critical that the website be mobile responsive.
10. Focus on Customer Care
Customer service is another factor that will help you attract a large number of users. Always keep in mind that delighted customers are the best form of advertising. Make shopping in your store a memorable experience – but only in a good manner.
According to a Forrester study, 45 percent of US customers will abandon an online transaction if their inquiries or complaints are not promptly answered. This means that if you want to attract customers, you must respond to every one of their questions and comments. And as soon as possible, because in this case, prompt reactions are crucial to success. Hire web developers and get chatbots for better customer care.
There you have it: 10 strategies for increasing eCommerce sales without exhausting yourself. Each of these strategies is effective on its own. They are, however, rocket fuel for your eCommerce sales when used together.
Create an online shopping website for your business. To succeed online, you’ll need to develop a specialized online store. Our team at ThinkStart Pvt Ltd a leading digital marketing service in California, USA, is highly skilled in interpreting your needs and creating an online store that meets them. We have a dedicated team of developers who work tirelessly to makeThinkStart one of the greatest eCommerce shop development companies.