Did you wonder how many calories you consume every day or how much protein you consume every day? Well, most people are aware of what they eat and how many calories they regularly consume. It is difficult to keep track of your diet and physical activity. However, by using diet and nutrition tracking apps, you can keep an overview of diet consumption on a daily basis. In this article, we will learn the features and the cost of diet plan and nutrition app development. Let’s get started: –
Why Create Your Own Diet and Nutrition Plan Application?
The market environment is the first thing you need to know before you can start developing your diet and nutrition plan app. Tools for food and nutrition tracking are quite popular, but there is high competition. In the last three years, the popularity of fitness and health apps has increased. Over time, according to Net-imperative, the commission rate for these applications has increased by 330 percent.
Here are some of the reasons why diet app development is in demand:
- Excellent retention rate
- Increasing demand
- Connectivity with wearables is simple.
- Insights into diet and nutrition are invaluable.
- Meal plan designed specifically for you
As a result, many people want to improve their health and change their eating habits, and you have the opportunity to assist them in developing a useful diet and nutrition app.
Must-have Features of a Diet App
We carefully analyzed various nutrition apps to identify the most important features that will help your app overtake the market leaders. Different applications provide different features. Let’s look at what features your app should have to meet the needs of the majority of customers.
1. Registration and personal accounts
Personalization is a key feature of any developing diet plan app. As a result, the first and foremost goal of a diet plan app development should be to collect and analyze user data, such as age, weight, food preferences, preferred diet, allergies, goals, level of activity, and so on.
2. Dashboard and food logging
A high-quality tracking app should include a large food dictionary, a diary, and some input fields. Consider which ingredients should be available offline. However, food logging is useless without a dashboard that displays the most important information about the user’s progress as well as nutrition tips.
3. Push notifications
Push notifications are present in almost every app because they are an effective tool for increasing user engagement and retention. Why do diet and nutrition apps use push notifications? To begin, they encourage users to continue by sending calls to action or information about current goals.
4. Connectivity of the app with a wearable device
As users’ capabilities have advanced, so have these apps, which now allow them to integrate their fitness bands with these apps. This way, they can always keep track of their daily food intake and physical activities. For example like one can connect its diet and nutrition app with his/her apple watch, etc, Hire iPhone App Developers team.
5. Real-time analytics
The admin can make better business decisions with the help of this feature. They can investigate the current user base and application scenario for the same.
This is one of the most important features that assist users in making their choice. They should be able to make a better decision about whether to use or abandon the application based on the feedback and ratings of other users.
Advanced Features of Diet and Nutrition Tracking App
1. Food & Dietary Intake Suggestions
Everyone has an entirely different diet goal. While some may subscribe to the weight loss app, some might want to gain weight and others may be looking forward to some other fitness objectives. This allows users to enter their objective so that a diet suggestion may be offered accordingly. An interactive feature that proposes food intake to users based on their body measurements such as height, weight, meals, or favorites must be available for each diet planner application.
2. CRM Integration
It allows users to search for help when facing problems while using the app. The CRM integration provides answers to the questions asked and gives the users a sense of participation. Users can be imprisoned in the app at any time and can ask technicians or other applications staff for assistance. CRM integration is, therefore, a must that examines and helps all users’ complaints at every stage.
3. In-app recipe book
Users may want to have a strict diet but may not know how to add nutrition to their food. This is when this is the most useful feature. It gives you an insight into how to prepare healthy foods with the detailed recipes on the app. In this section, the users will get a bucket of healthy foods that different nutritionists share and suggest on a daily basis.
4. Diet & Nutrition Analyzer
Every user has an objective that can also be defined in the app. With this feature, you can understand clearly how close you are to your objective. This feature should be presented so that users can understand it easily and benefit from its optimum use.
5. Nutrition Feeds API Integration
API integration is very helpful in developing a diet and fitness monitoring application. Nutrition feeds These APIs help the application access a wide range of food products and recipes that contain nutrient and calorie information. These are some of the nutritional feeds used in this type of application, including nutrition, MyFitnessPal, BigOven, and Chomp. This feature helps the users by supplying food and nutrition in particular assistance with any kind of foods or a diet pattern.
How to Monetize a Diet and Nutrition App?
There are several monetization strategies you can choose from if you have decided to generate revenue through your diet plan and nutrition app. In-app advertising, paid downloads and a freemium model are the most effective. We suggest mixing models for monetization to achieve greater income
1. In-app advertising – In-app advertising is a popular way for fitness and nutrition apps to generate revenue. You are paid every time a user sees an ad or clicks on it (depending on the advertising model). In-app advertisements are used by MyFitnessPal and Fooducate. You have the option of using video ads, native ads, banner ads, or interstitial ads.
2. Paid apps – Paid apps, also known as paid downloads, are a revenue model in which you charge users to download your app. However, this strategy should be used with caution. There is fierce competition, with millions of free apps vying for the attention of users. If you decide to use this model, make sure your app stands out in terms of features, design, and usability.
3. Freemium – Among the top nutrition apps, freemium is the preferred revenue model. Freemium apps include both free and paid content. The app itself is free with limited features (or with full features for a limited time). Users must pay to gain access to additional features or to use the app indefinitely. The freemium model is advantageous because users are more likely to download free diet apps. If users choose to convert, they do so fully aware of the app’s worth.
What Is the Cost of Diet Plan and Nutrition App Development?
To get an idea of how much it will cost to develop a diet and nutrition app, answer the following questions.
- What is the development company’s size and location?
- Which platform do you intend to launch your app on?
- What will your app’s technology stack be?
- What is the team’s or company’s level of experience?
- When do you want your project to be completed?
Once you’ve determined the answers, you can contact a Fitness app development company to determine the total cost of development. You may need to pay anywhere between $20,000 and $40,000.
>>>Also Read: – How Much Does iOS App Development Cost in the USA? | ThinkStart!<<<
Diet and nutrition apps are the most effective ways to keep track of what you eat daily. It is more of a healthcare app development. You can stay fit by using these apps, which will help you avoid a variety of health issues. These apps are in high demand these days, so Diet Plan and Nutrition App Development is undoubtedly a profitable option. You can do so by contacting a mobile app development company or hiring nutrition app developers.
Need a Mobile app development company in California?
To accomplish all of this, you will need the assistance of a mobile application development company that can deliver it at a low cost. ThinkStart is made up of a group of talented individuals who will meet all of your needs using their exceptional abilities in conjunction with our cutting-edge technology.