With the ongoing development in the automotive industry, the electric vehicle market has seen rapid evolution over the last decade. The increased sensitivity of governments around the world to the need for a cleaner environment has increased the demand for electric vehicles EV Charging Stations App Development.
The widespread use of electric vehicles is one of the most significant steps toward environmental preservation (EV). These vehicles have grown in popularity in recent years for a variety of reasons, including the fact that they emit zero carbon and do not pollute the environment, save energy and fuel, are cost-effective, and so on.
If you are looking to invest in such an idea, you must know about the working of the app, business model, top competitors, user expectations, market trends, and required costs. Let’s get started
What Exactly Is An EV Charging Station Locator App?
An EV Charging Station Locator App will show you the location of charging stations in your area. The app will provide you with information such as the types of plugs supported by the stations. For example, Nissan Leaf and Chevrolet Bolt use the same plug for Level 1 and 2 charging but a different plug for Level 3 charging.
These apps provide access to the charging station’s ratings, real-time availability, photos, and descriptions. Users can also find and add EV charging stations. Users can also enable notifications, which send a notification when a charging station is nearby.
Working of EV Charging Locator App
The working of an EV charging stations finder app is quite simple.
- The user or car owner creates an account on the app using his email address, phone number, password, or, more quickly, a social account.
- After registering, the user must enter his or her location or allow the app to access his or her geolocation. This will aid in displaying nearby charging stations based on the user’s location.
- Users can browse nearby locations and view important station information such as pricing, photos, descriptions, compatible EVs, availability, and so on.
- To save time, the user can book a slot in advance based on their preferences. Alternatively, he can go to the station and have the vehicle charged.
- If the user booked the slot through the app, he can track the charging level and progress through the app.
- The user sees the amount to be paid and has the option of paying through the app or at the charging station.
What is PlugShare and how does it work?
Xatori’s first mobile app, PlugShare, describes its mission as “creating innovative software for electric vehicles and the enlightened electricity grid” (to learn more about EVs and the grid check out our Green: Net 2011 event on April 21 in San Francisco). PlugShare is now available for iPhone and can be downloaded from iTunes.
Here’s how PlugShare works:
- users can sign up for free and view all available plugs
- from shared plugs to public charging stations — on a map for any given region.
- You can choose whether or not to share your plug on the network if you don’t have one or don’t feel comfortable doing so.
- Plug sharers can provide as much information as they want, such as a phone number and email address, and
- EV owners who want to use their plugs can contact them and begin charging.
Why Should you Invest in an EV Charging Station Locator App?
Developed countries such as the United States, the United Kingdom, and Germany are encouraging the use of electric vehicles to reduce emissions, which is why the market for electric vehicles is expanding rapidly. The electric vehicle industry is dominated by global players such as Tesla, BYD, BMW, Volkswagen, and Nissan.
When a customer purchases an electric vehicle, it cannot be maintained traditionally. To find charging stations, you’ll need some apps, particularly a charging station finder app. In times of need, an electric vehicle charging station finder app can come in handy.
Because EV charging stations are still scarce and difficult to locate, businesses are investing in the development of an EV charging station finder app. It can be made easier for car owners to find the nearest charging stations, make payments directly through the app, book a charging slot in advance, and more by developing a mobile application for electric vehicle charging.
Features to Integrate into, EV Charging Stations App Development
- User Sign-Up: Following the download and installation of the app, the user must register with his phone number, email address, and password. Allow them to register with their Google Account or other social media handles to make this process more efficient and faster.
- Profile creation: The user has the ability to edit his profile and make changes to it with excellent UI/UX design. For example, he can include his name, vehicle model and number, profile photo, and so on.
- Nearby charging stations: The mobile app will display the charging stations closest to the user based on the location accessed by the app or entered by the user. The goal of showing nearby stations is to help users save the time and energy required to visit a charging station.
- Station details: The app should display relevant information about the specific stations while browsing nearby EV charging stations. This information may include the name of the station, compatible car models, pricing, address, photos, reviews and ratings, and so on. It will assist users in charging at their preferred station.
- Slot booking: After selecting a charging station via the app, the user can reserve a time slot in advance to have his car charged.
Advanced Features in An E-Vehicle Charging Station App
- Chatbot Integration
Chatbots are the advanced help or support for users in the twenty-first century. Users do not have to wait for a support executive and can get their questions answered by a chatbot. The AI-powered chatbot can instantly answer users’ most common questions.
Users can use filters to find the right charging station while searching or browsing the charging stations. This is a sophisticated feature where UI/UX design plays an important role here, that users appreciate because it saves them a significant amount of time. For example, if several stations are available in an area but not all of them are compatible with the user’s vehicle, the user can apply the necessary filters and see only the suitable stations.
- CRM Integration
Integrating a CRM into your mobile app will help you run your business more efficiently in the long run. A CRM assists you in managing relationships with existing or new customers and in meeting various business needs such as strategic needs, operational needs, and analytical needs.
Geolocation The app must access the user’s smartphone’s location to display nearby charging stations. Furthermore, if a user wants to manually search for chargers in a specific area, he should be able to enter the desired location and see the appropriate options. Hire Flutter Developers, the best development.
- Loyalty Programs
Loyalty programs keep your customers interested and returning to your app. Offering high value to loyal customers will turn them into repeat customers, and they will not choose your competitors’ apps over yours.
How Much Does It Cost To Develop An EV Station Finder App?
to estimate the cost of developing the EV Station Finder app, we must first analyze your requirements and the features and functionalities you require.
The total cost of developing such an app, on the other hand, is determined by several important factors. The region of the app development company you choose, the features you want to integrate, the platforms you choose (Android, iOS, or both), and the app complexity are all influential factors.
Regardless of the factors, the average cost of developing an electric vehicle charging point app will be between $10,000 and $40,000.
With the growing popularity of electric vehicles, apps and other tools are springing up all over the place.
ThinkStart Pvt Ltd, the best mobile app development company in California, specializes in developing mobile apps from the ground up for both Android and iOS. Our mobile app developers are well-versed in React Native and Flutter, and they can create highly user-interactive and captivating apps.
Please let us know what you need, we are here to help – [email protected].