Nowadays, our entire existence revolves around smartphones – we work and sleep with them in our hands. Everything has gone online, including stress relief activities and meditation, and there are hundreds of apps available that will guide a user down the path to mindfulness and soul tranquility. Nonetheless, the popularity of such apps is growing, and the market requires new creative decisions and On-Demand app solution ideas.
Also Read – 31 Top On-Demand Service Apps Ideas 2021-22.
This blog is for you if you want to Develop a Meditation App like Headspace but don’t know where to begin.
What is a Mindfulness/Meditation App?
Scientists from top universities have conducted studies that show that meditations (even the most basic ones) have a positive effect on the human body. Furthermore, it’s a great way to “release emotional issues,” at least temporarily. It’s no surprise that meditation is becoming more popular.
And one day, mobile developers realized that people would appreciate the opportunity to simplify their meditative practice, to have everything they needed right at their fingertips. And what do we always have at our disposal? Our smartphones and tablets, of course! As a result, the conclusion was predictable: it was time for developers to create meditation apps.
So, nowadays, meditation does not require you to sit in an awkward position facing the sun and recite strange mantras. It’s as simple as launching a special mindfulness app on your smartphone and getting started!
You can choose whatever you want, but today we recommend that you take a look at Headspace – one of the world’s best meditation apps, an excellent author programme that ensures high-quality relaxation and achieves external and internal harmony.
Is Investing in Meditation App Development Solutions Profitable?
Of course, investing in the healthcare and wellness industry is profitable right now. With the growing popularity of meditation and yoga, many people are turning to apps to find peace and practice meditation. These people are embracing the idea of using healthcare apps to live healthier and more positive lifestyles.
The number of businesses utilizing meditation app development services is also increasing daily. In April 2021, the Calm app was the most downloaded meditation app in the world. It generated app revenue of around $7 million during the forecasted period. Headspace is the second-ranked app, earning nearly $4.9 million in in-app revenue.
Surprising Stats on the Usage & Popularity of Meditation Apps –
- The annual growth rate is expected to reach 18.61 percent by the end of 2021, with the average revenue for a single user reaching US $41.94.
- Experts observed rapid market growth of meditation apps with annual revenues of $195 million, according to a Sensor’s Tower report. Top trending apps for meditation and mindfulness generated 52 percent more revenue in 2019 than in 2018.
- Experts predict that meditation apps will be a smashing success, generating approximately USD 4,377 million by 2027.
- Meditation apps are used by users to deal with anxiety and cognitive issues. The growing popularity of meditation apps inspires entrepreneurs to learn how to create a meditation app.
- North America has the largest meditation app market, with a threefold increase in the number of meditators from 2012 to the present.
- By 2022, the US meditation app industry will be worth more than $ 2.08 billion.
Headspace is a mindfulness app with an easy-to-use interface that removes the dread and intimidation from meditation. According to TechCrunch, Headspace is one of the most popular mindfulness apps in the world, ranking second only to Calm in terms of downloads, with millions of users.
Andy Puddicombe, a former Buddhist monk who narrates the majority of the guided meditations, collaborated on the app’s creation. Although meditation is rooted in Eastern Buddhist tradition, Headspace is not affiliated with any specific religion.
How does Headspace work?
After you sign up, you’re taken to the homepage, where you’re greeted by “Wake Up,” a short series of videos that explain concepts like letting go or stepping away from mental stressors (sometimes with a celebrity in the video).
The bottom menu bar has four categories that you can switch between: Meditate, Sleep, Move, and Focus.
General Features of Meditation App Development
- User Panel Features:
- Social Management of Sign-ups and Profiles
- Sessions of Meditation and Exercise
- Guided meditation audio/video
- Favorite meditation sessions and tracks
- Level-appropriate meditation sessions (beginner, intermediate or advanced)
- Guided meditation sessions and video consultations with experts
- Notifications via push
- Customer Service & Feedback
- Analytics & Progress Monitoring
- Admin Panel Features:
- Secure Sign in to Manage Meditation Programs.
- Management of users and meditation sessions
- Audio and video files for meditation programmes can be uploaded and managed.
- User Analytics and Reports for the App
- Ratings and reviews management
- Subscriptions, discounts, and special offers must be managed.
Must-have Features for Trending Meditation Apps
- User Registration/Sign Up –
It all starts with the user signing up or logging in. This page should allow users to signup/login using their email, social media account, or contact number to signup and get registered all at once. Regardless of the platform for meditation apps, mobile app developers must ensure that the signup or login process is simple and quick.
- User Profile & Information –
Once a user has registered for your app, the next step is to create a user profile with personal information, settings, subscriptions, preferences, personalised meditation sessions, and other information. Make certain that you are not forcing users to enter information that is unnecessary
- Wearables Integration –
Today, an increasing number of apps include the ability to send alerts/notifications to their smartwatches and fitness trackers. As a result, it may benefit meditation apps as well.
- Real-time analytics –
This feature enables the app’s owner to analyse the app’s performance in real time. Users’ behavior and interactions with the app can be monitored. This will give you an idea of where the app could benefit from improvements or new features, this will make your app the best meditation app.
- Effective CRM –
A good rapport with customers can be maintained with the help of Customer Relationship Management (CRM), their grievances can be resolved on time, and the app’s performance will benefit greatly.
- Favorite songs and Offline Mode –
- Push Notification –
This functionality is critical for meditation mobile apps because it allows for instant messaging to users, either to remind them of upcoming meditation sessions or to provide other useful updates. Allowing customization for reminders can also benefit meditation apps. You plan to go for cross-platform development, Hire Flutter App Developers, for the leading company.
- Gamification –
This tool is extremely effective in increasing user engagement with the app. Almost everyone enjoys competing; some compete with others, while others compete with themselves. As an app owner, you should think about running an A/B test on your target audience to see which gamification model they prefer.
How Much Does It Cost To Develop A Meditation App like Headspace?
The costs of meditation app development for meditation vary depending on the complexity, features, resources, meditation app tech stack, timeline, and type of meditation app required.
There are several factors to consider when determining the cost of developing a meditation app like Headspace, including:
- Hourly App Development Rates
- Number of features
- App Developers (iOS or Android, or cross-platform as decided by the client)
- Backend Developers
- UX/UI Designers
- Quality Analysis Experts
When it comes to app development costs, an app with basic features and for a single platform would cost between $25000 and $35000, but an app with extensive features and for several platforms will cost almost twice as much, between $50000 and $60000.
For the past decade, the meditation app development market has been booming, but by 2020, pandemic-related alienation and stress among the global population will be fueling it even more. Every day, more people become aware of the benefits of meditation. As a result, demand will continue to rise.
ThinkStart Pvt Ltd can assist you in bringing that concept to life. We have a fantastic team of mobile app developers who have worked on a number of different app concepts. So, get in touch with us and take advantage of one of the top mobile app development company in the USA.