The percentage of physical labor has lessened due to technology, which has become the core cause of various health issues. Having good health and a symmetrical lifestyle has become crucial. The importance of income from wellness applications rises as quickly as the number of people who are trying to be fit.
With the dictatorial vogue of healthy lifestyle movements and health-conscious eating, various businesses are looking to break into the mHealth (mobile health) market. And, subsidizing money to develop a diet and Nutrition and Diet app seems a popular choice.
What Are Diet and Nutrition App & How Do They Work?
Diet and fitness applications enable individuals to have a balanced diet. Take HealthifyMe for instance. It is a wellness app that assists users to lose weight and get fit. Cure Fit is a nutritional facts app that comprehends foods that fulfill customer needs, expectations, and lifestyles. Another great representation, according to Statista, is MyFitnessPal, which was the prominent health and wellness app of 2020. MyFitnessPal helps users to evaluate the calorie quantity of foods and change their eating habits to be healthy.
Why Develop a Diet and Nutrition Mobile App?
The plurality of people in the USA does not have the time or money to attend a gym regularly. They need an easy yet effective tool like a mobile app to monitor their fitness level or track daily food infusion. And, as businesses and entrepreneurs look for alternatives to invest in the mHealth market, formulating a diet and nutrition mobile app looks like a smart choice.
According to a new study, the global mHealth market which was calculated at $40.7 billion last year is projected to hit $316.8 billion in 2027, with an annual basis l growth rate of 29.2%. In the continuous COVID-19 pandemic time, life came to a detailed standstill with governments executing lockdowns. So, to remain healthy and protect their immunity, people need to exercise and track their daily intake of food via a mobile app.
Types Of Nutrition Applications: –
The supreme task before deciding on the features of an application is to decide the type of health application you prefer to develop. Established on this, the target audience and features can be determined. Many diet applications are accessible in app stores. Some applications have a small variation in their basic features. Moreover, they appeal to various target markets. We have readied a list of some apps that are at the top of the graph.
1. Diet Planner Apps:
Develop customized meal plans with nutrition planner apps and eat healthily. These apps enable users, unlike calorie tracker apps, to fill in their food habits and budget in order to get the best meal plan.
2. Calorie Counter App:
The primary function of these types of apps, as the name implies, is to count calories. A user can enter their target, which is generally the weight, in this app. Other details such as their movements and the food that they consume are added later. The app tests the number of calories consumed and burned and then offers dietary guidelines to users.
3. Social Apps:
To provide users with a personalized approach to improving their health, these applications facilitate communication with diet coaches and nutritionists online to help users to keep a better track of their calories and diets.
4. Special Features Apps:
Pregnant women or patients with chronic conditions are among the most vulnerable people who need careful treatment and nutrition. These special dietary apps targeting particular audiences are highly successful.
5. Integrated Features Apps:
This venture can be costly but highly successful. These applications are incorporated with all the features from the calorie counter with special needs applications. It becomes an all-in-one place for health enthusiasts by just switching modes
Must-have Features of Diet & Nutrition App Development
- Calendar– The calendar can be a multi-purpose feature that can be added through diet and nutrition app development. It offers a wide range of options that can help the user to monitor the diet plan and get timely reminders to change the meal plan, prepare for a sports competition, and more.
- Blog and Push Notification– While blog and push notification are two different features, but for a diet and nutrition app, they can serve the same purpose – share essential tips. This is an important feature if one wants to engage the end-users after they have installed the app.
- Meal Data– Build a diet and nutrition app while following a specific diet every day, the user may not gain insights on the overall consumption of macro and micro-nutrients. For information on nutrient intake like carb, protein, and fat, the meal data feature can be used.
- Dashboard– Dashboard acts as the central source of information for the user. It provides an overview of essential key performance indicators (KPIs), goals, and more. As dashboards are often personalized to suit specific requirements, the KPIs and information presented may vary.
- Diary– For a user to keep himself motivated throughout the journey, the feature “diary” is essential. A user can keep track of the progress by clicking a picture and uploading it into the diary. Over a few months, the changes can be observed and can be viewed using the diary.
- Goals– It isn’t easy to pursue a challenge without setting a goal. The goals feature in a diet and nutrition app enables the user in two ways. First, it allows the user to set a goal, and second, after the goal is finalized, the user can monitor progress. This feature enables the user to experience micro-achievements and stay positive.
- Diet Plan– It may take a few weeks, if not months, for a user to learn which diet works best for him. To get started, the app can come with a feature that lists important diet plans for the user to browse, select, and follow. Furthermore, the diet plans can be categorized according to goals.
Technology Tools to Build Your Diet & Nutrition Application-
There are different technologies to help you develop a diet app. Let’s have a closer look at the best tools and learn the biggest benefits of using them.
If you’re planning on collecting health and fitness data, consider using Google Fit APIs for Android development or Health-Kit for iOS development.
If you’re planning to build a Diet & Nutrition App with latest technology & features, then hire a top mobile app development company like ThinkStart Private Limited and make your dream into reality.
Need a top mobile app development agency in California?
We as a well-equipped software development company, translating your ideas into reality. With the best experienced developers and trending technology, they deliver nothing but only the best.
To know more get in touch with us at- [email protected].