In this incredibly crowded world, just getting out of the home, office, or anywhere to reach the desired destination is becoming a very difficult task. No worries, the advent of the development of the taxi booking app makes the journey much more comfortable and without any hassle. The continued demand has paved the way for this fabulous app development. In addition, this has become a great business opportunity for those interested in investing in Taxi Booking App.
What Is A Taxi Booking On-Demand Mobile App?
Traditional taxi services have taken a back seat in recent years, and new ways of booking a ride for yourself have emerged. On-demand taxi booking apps abound in the app stores, each with features that entice users to book exclusively through them. The growth of these applications has been fueled by the hard work and perseverance of mobile app development companies. When it comes to booking a ride for themselves, they can be completely trusted.
What Makes Uber Cab Booking App So Popular?
Have you heard of the term “unicorn” in business? The term “unicorn” refers to a rare animal. Uber is one of the most successful startups. In the seven years since its inception, the firm’s valuation has risen to a record-breaking $68 billion. It’s no surprise that researching Uber-unicorn is critical.
Uber app has become the most demanding On-demand Taxi Booking App since its launch in 2013 and is currently operating in 80+ countries, including 800 cities with 24*7 car booking services. The Uber app connects thousands of drivers with millions of riders via its brilliant app structure, which is available on both Android and iOS. The app’s built-in GPS feature allows both the driver and the passenger to pinpoint each other’s current location, reducing the risk of a communication breakdown.
Some facts about Uber –
- Over the years, Uber has been working. Travis Kalanick and Garrett Camp launched the company in 2009. The company released its taxi reservation app later.
- In around 632 cities in 78 countries, Uber operates.
- The company’s trips hit 10 billion passengers, says Barney Harford, Uber’s first-ever operating chief.
- The ride-hairing giant has 75 million active users and by 2021, the number is estimated to reach approximately 539.49 million. The company also operates an incredible 15 million daily rides.
- The company has total funding of $242 billion, according to CrunchBase data. The report also states that the value of the company is 120 billion dollars.
- Due to the pandemic of coronavirus, Uber generated $11,1 billion in revenue in 2020, a 21 percent decrease in its hailing operations during most years.
- While Uber’s ride granny segment contracts by 24%, Uber Eats’ revenues in 2020 increased by more than 200%
- In Q4 2020, Uber employed 93 million people, less than its 2019 peak of 111 million active users
- In 2020, drivers completed 4,98 billion trips, down from 6,9 billion in 2019 by 27 percent
How Does Uber Work?
You should know how the service works if you want an app like Uber. In five simple steps, the overall application results can be shown:
1: Request – the customer instantaneously or scheduled requests for a car through the app. The drivers in the vicinity receive these requests.
2: Matching – The driver can accept or refuse the ride. The request will be sent to another driver if it is rejected.
3: Ride – The client follows the taxi approach with knowledge of the estimated arrival time.
4: Payment – The cashless payment method and the pre-established price make the process for both parties easier. When you decide to create an app like Uber, you’ll remember that it’s very important.
5: Rating – It’s an important component of Uber’s business logic which enhances the service reliability.
Essential Features To Have An App Like Uber
Basic features to build an app like Uber for customers:
- Routing and geolocation
- Integration of payment methods
- Personal data management and registration
- From the app, you can call or text the driver.
- Notifications via push
- Estimating the cost of a ride
- Excellent user interface and user experience design
Basic features to create Uber app for drivers:
- Reports from drivers
- Route optimization with advanced features
- Editing your profile
- Active/Inactive drivers are visible on the map, while inactive drivers are not.
- Using the app to make a call to a passenger
- Reporting on past bookings and earnings on a daily/monthly basis
Advance App Features for a Taxi Booking App
Users will have more payment options if you integrate payment into your taxi app. Credit and debit cards, cash, and e-wallets are all examples. It also makes it simple to give your customers discounts when they pay with gift cards or promo codes.
You should also be able to send passengers notifications. The nearby cabs and how passengers can connect with these cabs should be included in the push notifications. They should also provide the drivers’ information, such as their name, phone number, and vehicle information. To get the best features development Hire mobile app developers, California.
The live tracking feature in taxi booking app development allows the rider to track the route while on the road. The driver can also use live GPS to get to the drop-off and pick-up locations. In-app GPS is a useful feature, and many taxi booking apps allow the rider to add a friend for security purposes in order to track the same route via their mobile app.
The transaction history is the next and most important feature. The feature allows the rider to view a list of payments made in the previous week or month. The transaction list includes both cash and online payments.
Rating and Reviews
Customer feedback is important because it encourages driver accountability and assists fleet owners in providing better services. If you want drivers who are responsible and have good behavior, you must include this feature in your mobile app development.
How Much Does it Cost to Develop a Taxi Booking App Like Uber?
Mobile app development solutions never come at a static price because various apps have different needs and the cost depends on them. However, if you consider all the features and factors required including the above factors to distinguish your on-demand taxi booking app in the industry, the final cost of developing an Uber app has been concluded at between $55,000 and $120,000 on Android or iOS platforms.
The development of an on-demand taxi app such as Uber is a long process, requiring a lot of commitment, time, and money. This advanced application level can be a bit expensive to develop for start-ups and SMEs. to create a taxi booking app of your own hire a leading application developing company.
ThinkStart Pvt Ltd is ecstatic to be the world’s leading on-demand taxi booking app development company. Nothing beats having access to the best taxi booking services for a pleasurable ride. Our solutions are user-friendly due to their simple accessibility and ease of operation.
ThinkStart – Taxi App Developers are highly skilled at creating viable solutions for creating taxi booking mobile app like Uber by utilising robust technologies. Our applications are scalable and cost-effective, and they provide your customers with comfortable rides that will undoubtedly increase your company’s profits.
Get in touch with us to discuss your project – [email protected].